Depending on what you do when you visit any Web site, you are providing information about your visit to the site's owners. This includes visainfinite.ca. We value privacy and think you do too, so we want you to have the information you need to make your own decisions about your personal privacy. When you visit or supply information to any Web site, we think it's a good idea for you to first understand what that site's privacy policies are. If the site doesn't tell you, don't hesitate to ask.
The bottom line at www.visainfinite.ca and its related sites (collectively "visainfinite.ca") is that we use the information that we get from your visit for internal tracking purposes, to make visainfinite.ca as useful and interesting to you as we can, and to respond to your requests for information or other services. Except as specifically noted, we do not use your personal information for any other purpose; we never sell it to any third party; and, we never share it with any third party.
Read more about:
How you can decide what communication you'll receive from us
How you can control the use of your personal information
How we protect the security of your personal information
Customer Service and Recourse
How to contact visainfinite.ca
Notice What personal information we collect and how we use your information:
When you visit the visainfinite.ca Web site, we capture the Internet provider's domain name and country that you came from (e.g., "aol.ca") and the paths taken as you move from page to page (i.e., your "click stream" activity). Information we collect on visainfinite.ca may be used to enhance your use of this Web site in ways like these:
- Arrange the Web site in the most user-friendly way
- Customize your browsing experience of this Web site
- Communicate special offers and featured items to you, if you choose to receive such notices
- Respond to your question or suggestions
Visitor Registration or Requests for Information:
visainfinite.ca only collects personal information that you choose to provide voluntarily when using or registering with the visainfinite.ca site. "Personal information" includes information that can identify you as a specific individual, such as your name or email address; and, in the case of license agreements, your name and company name. While you can browse our site without registering, you will need to register in order to take advantage of certain features, such as requesting updates on promotional offers.
visainfinite.ca uses cookie technology as part of our Web site's statistical reporting. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a Web site that is saved on your hard disk by your computer's browser. It holds information a site may need to personalize your experience (i.e., rotating images on visainfinite.ca home page) and to gather Web site statistical data, such as which pages are visited, what is downloaded, the Internet provider's domain name and country that our visitors come from (e.g. "aol.ca," or "umich.edu") and the addresses of sites visited immediately before, and after, coming to visainfinite.ca. However, none of this is associated with you as an individual. It is measured only in aggregate. The information in the cookies lets us trace your "click stream" activity (i.e., the paths taken by visitors to our site as they move from page to page). Cookies do not capture your individual email address or any private information about you. We also use standard Web server log files to help us count visitors and evaluate our site's technical capacity. We use this information to find out how many people visit visainfinite.ca, help us arrange the pages in the most user-friendly way, keep the site browser-friendly, and to make our pages more useful to our visitors. We record information on site traffic but not information on individual visitors to our site, so no information about you in particular will be kept or used.
To browse without cookies, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.)
Sweepstakes, Trivia Games, and Surveys:
From time to time, visainfinite.ca may conduct sweepstakes, trivia games, or surveys via our Web site. If you choose to participate, we use your response to select sweepstakes winners, to come up with the game or survey results and, sometimes, to publish those results in aggregate on the site. Except where necessary to run a sweepstakes, we will never permanently record or report any response you give on its own or connect it to your name or address. We will hold these responses only as anonymous statistics. We will never sell or rent such information to any third parties. Email, Mailing Lists, and Other Services:
When you send us an email through email@example.com, we use your email address to thank you for your comment and/or reply to your question, and we will store your communication and our reply in case we correspond further. Beyond our initial reply, we will never use your email address to send you any unsolicited message or information, nor will we share it with or sell it to anyone else for such use.
When you request information or other services, we use your email address and any other information you give us to provide you with the information or other services you requested until you ask us to stop (using the "unsubscribe" instructions provided with each email and/or on the site where you signed up and/or as we otherwise provide), or until the information or service is no longer available. We will not use your address or other information to provide you with any unsolicited message or information (unless that is part of the service you are requesting), nor will we share it with or sell, rent or lease it to any third party for such use.
Linking To Other Sites:
Our policy regarding sharing of information: Our policy is simple: we never sell or rent your personal information to any third parties under any circumstances.
How you can decide what communication you'll receive from us:
If you choose to receive them, visainfinite.ca may periodically send you email messages describing updates, new features, or promotional offers related to this Web site. You can choose to stop receiving this email at any time. Simply follow the instructions included in your email, or send a reply stating your request. If you do not explicitly choose to receive informational emails, the only email messages you will receive from visainfinite.ca will be to respond to email inquiries that you send us.
How to update or correct your personal information:
To modify or delete your personal information, simply follow the instructions included in your email, or send a reply stating your request, and we will make the requested changes.
How we protect the security of your personal information:
The security of your personal information is very important to us and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. visainfinite.ca uses firewalls and has security measures in place at its physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our Web site.
V. Customer Service and Recourse
How to contact visainfinite.ca:
A special note about minors
[Visa Canada Concierge] is not available to minors below the legal age of majority and Visa does not knowingly collect Personal Information from such minors.
Information Visa collects
Visa may collect information in a number of ways in connection with [Visa Canada Concierge], including, without limitation, as follows:
- When you enroll in [Visa Canada Concierge], set up a [Visa Canada Concierge] online account ("Account") and make changes from time to time, we will collect the Personal Information you voluntarily choose to provide, such as your name and mailing, shipping and email addresses, phone numbers, birthdate, driver’s license numbers, and passport numbers. We may also collect your security questions and answers, username, password and other demographic information and preferences.
- We collect credit, debit, prepaid or other payment card or other financial account information you provide to us in connection with [Visa Canada Concierge] ("Card Details").
- We collect rewards program numbers, frequent flyer numbers, and other loyalty program numbers you provide to us in connection with [Visa Canada Concierge] (“Loyalty Numbers”).
- When you make a purchase through [Visa Canada Concierge] or you otherwise provide purchase information to [Visa Canada Concierge], we may collect certain purchase and shipping tracking information.
- When you ask us to send goods or services to a third party (“friend”), we collect we collect certain personal information about your friend for the purpose of fulfilling your request.
- When you ask us a question, we collect email address or other contact information you choose to provide.
- We collect information you voluntarily submit when participating in one of our various services, programs or surveys.
How Visa uses your information
- To process your requested transactions and bookings.
- To send you [Visa Canada Concierge] promotional emails and offers through your mobile device.
- To email you with important information and updates about [Visa Canada Concierge] and your [Visa Canada Concierge] Account, including confirmation of transactions and bookings.
- To generally provide the features and functionality of [Visa Canada Concierge] to you.
- To conduct surveys.
- To respond to questions and comments.
- To improve, enhance and tailor [Visa Canada Concierge] for you, and to improve and enhance the overall [Visa Canada Concierge] experience for all [Visa Canada Concierge] users.
To whom Visa discloses your information
Visa may disclose to third parties all categories of Personal Information that it collects as follows:
- With Your Issuer: Since Visa operates the Website on behalf of your Issuer, we may disclose your Personal Information to your Issuer.
- Provision of Services: We disclose your Personal Information to third parties where necessary to provide [Visa Canada Concierge] services to you.
- At Your Request: We disclose your Personal Information to a third party whenever you request us to do so.
- Business transfers: If a third party acquires all or substantially all of Visa's assets, your Personal Information, aggregated information, and any other information that we have collected in connection with [Visa Canada Concierge] may be transferred to such third party as part of our business assets. This can include disclosing such information on a confidential basis to parties that may be participating in a proposed business transaction. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered one of our assets and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Disclosure of Personal Information for legal purposes and protection of Visa and others: We reserve the right to share your Personal Information with third parties if required to do so by law, or if we believe such action is necessary in order to: (1) conform to the requirements of the law or comply with legal process served upon us; (2) protect or defend our legal rights or property, [Visa Canada Concierge], or our users; or (3) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of the [Visa Canada Concierge] Terms of Service.
- Service Providers: We use third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, such as processing, storing, maintaining and transmitting data, processing and fulfilling email and other promotional campaigns, and providing marketing assistance, web analytics and data analysis. We may provide your Personal Information to these third-party service providers when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. These third-party service providers are contractually restricted from using Personal Information for any other purpose and required to comply with all applicable laws with respect to the Personal Information they receive.
- Government Agencies: We will disclose your Personal Information to a government agency if required to do so by law,
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Information may be located outside of Canada
Visa is part of a global payment network with affiliates, service providers and agents located in and outside of Canada. As a result, Personal Information may be processed and stored in other countries. While we use contractual and other measures to ensure protection of Personal Information, governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies in these other countries may be able to obtain disclosure of Personal Information through the laws of these countries.
Automatically collected non-Personal Information
When you use [Visa Canada Concierge], we also may collect certain standard information from your browser and personal computer that websites often collect, such as your IP address, your browser information (including browser type, capabilities and language), your operating system and the date and time you accessed [Visa Canada Concierge]. We also capture the country from which the visit came and the paths taken as you move from one website or webpage to another website or webpage (i.e., your "click stream" activity). We may use certain or all of this information to identify you in future visits to the Website. We may group some or all of this information into aggregate data in order to describe the use of [Visa Canada Concierge] by our users to our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, advertisers or other third parties, or in response to a government request. We may also group demographic information that we collect from [Visa Canada Concierge] users into aggregate data for the same purposes. We reserve the right to use and share any such non-Personal Information with third parties for any lawful purpose.
Visa uses cookie technology as part of [Visa Canada Concierge]’s statistical reporting and for other purposes related to making [Visa Canada Concierge] available to you. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website that is saved on your hard disk by your computer's browser. It holds information a website may need to personalize your experience (such as, rotating images on the home page of the website). We also utilize cookies to identify if you are logged into your [Visa Canada Concierge] account, including for purposes of providing certain features of [Visa Canada Concierge] to you. Cookies may be operable for varying periods of time, depending on the [Visa Canada Concierge] feature or features with which they are associated.
If you prefer, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie and privacy preferences. However, if you reject cookies, your use of [Visa Canada Concierge] will be materially impaired or may altogether preclude your use of [Visa Canada Concierge].
A Web beacon is an electronic image, also called a single-pixel or clear GIF, placed in the code of a webpage or in emails. The Website uses Web beacons to track traffic patterns of users as they navigate from one page to another. This information lets us tune and improve our users' browsing experience. The information that Web beacons collect is aggregated, anonymous "click stream" data, and is not associated with you as an individual.
We also use Web beacons through a third party website analytics provider, as well as standard Web server log files, to help us count visitors and evaluate the Website's technical capacity. This information tells us how many people visit the Website, and helps us decide how to arrange pages in the most user-friendly way. This also helps us keep the Website browser-friendly and more useful to our users. We record information on Website traffic, but not on individual visitors to the Website, so no Personal Information about you will be kept or used.
From time to time, Visa may conduct surveys through the Website using a third-party service provider. If you choose to participate—unless otherwise noted in the applicable rules, terms and conditions, or disclaimers—we may use the information you provide in to publish survey results in aggregate on the site. Except where necessary to administer the survey, unless you have otherwise agreed or unless required by law, we will not share or publish any response you give connected to your name or address. We will hold these responses only as anonymous statistics.
Questions and Comments via Email
Third party websites, content and resources
Our policy regarding selling or renting of Personal Information
Banners and other advertisements on the Website
The Website may display banners and other advertisements that may be placed by third parties. Such advertisers may collect non-Personal Information when you click or scan one of their advertisements, by placing cookies on your computer or by using other technology. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any such third parties. In addition, we may share aggregate information about our visitors to third-party ad servers or potential advertisers in order to provide advertisements on the Website about products and services that may be of interest to you.
How you can decide what communications you'll receive from [Visa Canada Concierge]
[Visa Canada Concierge] users can opt-out from promotional email communications from [Visa Canada Concierge] by visiting the "My Account" page at the Website and editing your preferences or by using the opt-out link contained in each promotional email we send. Please note that you cannot opt-out of certain non-promotional communications from [Visa Canada Concierge] (such as information regarding updates to the Website, other required disclosures, and transaction and booking confirmations) without cancelling your Account.
Access and Data Retention
How to update, correct, or delete certain of your Personal Information
You can access and modify certain Personal Information you store with [Visa Canada Concierge], such as your name, email addresses, mailing and shipping addresses, and Card Details by logging into the Website and visiting your "My Account" page.
You can also modify your [Visa Canada Concierge] preferences by logging into the Website and visiting your "My Account" page.
To cancel your Account, please use the ["Delete Account"] button located in the ["My Account"] tab. Upon cancellation of your Account, Visa will delete your account from our servers. Even if you choose to re-enroll in [Visa Canada Concierge] at a later date, your prior information will not be returned or associated with your new account. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Visa will retain certain information (including Personal Information) provided to us indefinitely for the following or other lawful purposes:
- Auditing purposes
- Troubleshoot problems
- Assist with investigations
- Enforce the [Visa Canada Concierge] Terms of Service
- Comply with legal requirements
How we protect the security of your Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us, and we are committed to protecting the Personal Information we collect. While we cannot guarantee absolute security of your Personal Information, Visa uses firewalls and Secure Socket Layers for Personal Information we collect from you when it is being communicated to us. We also restrict access to Personal Information to those employees, agents and service providers who need to know or access the information in order to provide you with [Visa Canada Concierge]. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal privacy and data security laws and regulations to guard your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no transmissions or data available through the Internet can be 100% secure and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any Personal Information or other information you provide to us. As with any transmission over the Internet, such data may be accessed by unauthorized parties. You should always log out of the Website after you are done using [Visa Canada Concierge] or if you step away from your computer to minimize the chance of others accessing your Account.
Visa Canada Corporation
P.O. Box 124
Toronto, ON M5H 3Y2
Attention: Global Privacy Office